Isn’t it amazing how interested the press is in celebrity cases? Thankfully it seems that in Tiger’s case and Sandra Bullock’s case, the parties and the lawyers are being tight lipped. The same is true for Dwayne Wade, but given that he had to go to court, there has obviously been more coverage. What we should all appreciate is that the privacy of these parties has been preserved, at least with respect to the specific details of their divorces. Dwayne Wade’s divorce shows how litigation exposes their private lives. It seems he (Dwayne Wade) had little choice given that his wife went through nine lawyers and skipped a court date or two. But compliments to the Woods family and the Bullock/James family for not opening up the dispute to further public inspection and comment. Just like any divorce, litigation should be a last, not first option.
- New Florida Alimony Law?
- My role as ABA Family Law Section Immediate Past Chair
- The benefits of a Smart Phone
- How You Can Help Your Divorce Lawyer Do a Good Job
- What it’s like being a divorce lawyer on Valentine’s day.
- Divorce lawyer goes to New Orleans, why?
- Family Lawyers meet to help improve things
- Every New Year the divorce cases pile in
- Welcome 2013
- Bar Mitzvah Year?
- Kids Rules
- Teens v Parents, at what age to cut the cord?
TagsABA adoption adultery alimony American bar association Attorney Attorneys celebrity celebrity divorce child custody Children child support cle court Custody divorce divorce law Divorce Lawyer divorce lawyers DOMA domestic relations Elin Family Family Court family law Gay gay divorce gay marriage high profile High Profile Divorce International custody judges law Laws Lawyer Lawyers legal marriage Mediation same sex same sex marriage Settlement support Tiger Woods visitation