Louis J. Tesser
Born and raised in Athens, Georgia, in 1968, Louis Tesser has been a trial attorney during his entire legal career. After graduating from Clark University in 1990, Mr. Tesser acquired a further graduate degree in Political Science from the University of Georgia in 1993. Mr. Tesser then earned his Juris Doctor at the College of William and Mary in 1996.
Mr. Tesser is a trial attorney and, substantially, a mediator. Mr. Tesser mediates frequently and teaches and presents on mediation as well. Most recently Mr. Tesser presented “Attorney Preparation for the Family Law Mediation” at the Urgent Legal Matters seminar; he also teaches mediation to potential domestic mediators at Henning Mediation.
Prior to working at Kessler & Solomiany LLC, Mr. Tesser worked as a general trial attorney, then went on to a position as an Assistant District Attorney in Hall County, Georgia. Mr. Tesser has been with Kessler & Solomiany LLC since 2002, and is a member of the Family Law Sections of the Atlanta Bar Association and the State Bar of Georgia. Mr. Tesser is the past chairman of both the DeKalb County Bar Association Family Law Division and the Atlanta Bar Association Family Division.
Mr. Tesser became a partner in the firm in 2008.
As a domestic relations attorney, Mr. Tesser has handled contentious and complex litigation involving division of property, custody, child support, alimony, domestic abuse, paternity, legitimation, and appeals, as well as trials, including several highly successful jury trials. Mr. Tesser is a frequent presenter at seminars and classes on domestic relations speaking on a broad range of topics, including child custody, paternity, legal ethics, and settlement strategy. Mr. Tesser is qualified as a collaborative lawyer. Mr. Tesser is married to Lilia Tesser and lives with her and their three daughters. Mr. Tesser enjoys tennis, squash, travel, and is a private pilot.
- J.D., William and Mary School of Law
- M.A., University of Georgia
- B.A., Clark University
- State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- United States Federal Court, Northern District of Georgia
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Mr. Tesser has been awarded membership in the National Association of Distinguished Counsel, an organization dedicated to promoting the highest standards of legal excellence. An NADC award objectively recognizes attorneys who elevate the standards of the Bar and provide a benchmark for other lawyers to emulate. Less than 1% of practicing attorneys in the United States are members of the “Nation’s Top Attorneys”
- Peer Review Rated as AV (highest possible, preeminent, designation) by Martindale-Hubbell for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability
- Georgia Super Lawyers, Rising Stars (2006, 2007)
Selected Articles and Presentations
- “Dad or Duped? Post-Appeal Challenges to Paternity Judgments”, Family Advocate, Journal of the American Bar Association Family Law Section, Fall 2002. The article was selected to appear in the March 2003 issue of GPSolo magazine “best of ABA Sections” issue, a compilation of the best journal articles published by the ABA’s sections, forums and divisions
- Practicing Family Law in Fulton County 4.16.14