Ms. Potter grew up in the northern Kentucky area before relocating to Louisville, Kentucky to attend the University of Louisville for her undergraduate studies, majoring in Accountancy and receiving minors in International Business and Spanish. Ms. Potter then furthered her education by obtaining a Masters of Business Administration from Indiana University before returning to the University of Louisville to pursue her law degree from the Brandeis School of Law.
Since 2013, Ms. Potter has focused her practice almost exclusively in the area of domestic relations, handling complex divorce cases, child custody matters, legitimation actions, modification cases, prenuptial agreements, and other family law issues. Prior to joining Kessler & Solomiany LLC, Ms. Potter practiced family law in Louisville, Kentucky.
Ms. Potter resides in Cobb County with her husband, Tim, and their dog, Mr. Makers. She enjoys traveling, college sports, and cooking. Ms. Potter is also an avid supporter of rescue dogs and is a volunteer foster dog parent for Weimaraner Rescue of the South.
- J.D., cum laude, University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law
- M.B.A., Indiana University
- B.S., magna cum laude, University of Louisville
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of Kentucky
- United States Federal Court, Western District of Kentucky
- Journal of Law and Education, Notes Editor (2012-2013)
- Student Attorney, University of Louisville Entrepreneurship Clinic (2013)
- Book Award (highest grade): Employment Discrimination (Fall 2012), University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law
- Hallmark Provost Award for Academic Excellence, (2004-2008), University of Louisville
Selected Articles and Presentations
- (2012) Adderall Abuse: Regulating the Academic Steroid, The Journal of Law & Education, 41, 585-592