Nancy Ingram Jordan
Nancy Ingram Jordan serves clients in all areas of family law with a special emphasis on appellate law. Having been an appellate advocate for over 30 years, Ms. Jordan brings a distinctive mindset and established legal and tactical skills that are vital in appellate litigation. Ms. Jordan provides services to clients and to trial lawyers as an appellate lawyer and/or consultant. In this role, she helps navigate the options that exist, either prior to a final judgment or following a final judgment in which time-sensitive decisions must be made.
Ms. Jordan initially developed her passion and expertise in appellate law based upon her many years in civil and criminal appellate practice in both the state appellate courts and federal courts. Prior to entering private practice, she served as a felony prosecutor in the Cobb County District Attorney’s Office, with an emphasis on appellate law.
Ms. Jordan has authored or co-authored over 500 appellate briefs and has appeared before the appellate courts in over 80 oral arguments. Ms. Jordan’s name appears in approximately 332 reported decisions of the Supreme Court of Georgia and the Court of Appeals of Georgia. She has argued several cases of the first impression before the Georgia appellate courts. Her appellate practice has focused on a variety of civil cases, as well as family and criminal law in both the state appellate courts and the federal courts.
Ms. Jordan is currently a registered civil and domestic mediator and arbitrator with the Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution.
Ms. Jordan is a noted speaker who shares her experience and legal knowledge with various professional groups through speaking engagements. She has lectured on appeals at appellate, criminal, government and family law seminars sponsored by the State Bar of Georgia, the Cobb County Bar Association and Kennesaw State University’s College of Continuing and Professional Education. Ms. Jordan has also taught at the North Georgia Police Academy and at the Emory Trial Techniques Program.
- Emory University School of Law, J.D.
- Emory University, B.A.
Areas of Focus
- Post-Judgment Motions
- Registered Civil and Domestic Mediator and Arbitrator with the Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution (2014 to present)
- First Female President of Emory Law School’s Student Bar Association (1982)
- Jointly awarded Regional Vice President’s, Region III, Appellate Advocacy Award Outstanding Advocacy in Capital Cases by the Association of Government Attorney’s in Capital Litigation (1999)
- Georgia Trend’s Legal Elite (2013, 2014)
- The National Advocates’ Top 100 Lawyers (2015)
- The National Association of Distinguished Counsel’s Top One Percent (2015)
- Super Lawyers (2013-2020)
- State Bar of Georgia, Appellate and Family Law Sections
- Atlanta Bar Association: Family Law Section
- Cobb County Bar Association: Family Law and Women of the Bar Sections (Former President, President-Elect, Treasurer, Secretary and Law Day Chairman)
- Charles L. Weltner Inn of Court
- Marietta Lawyers Club
Other Professional Organizations
- Certified Personal Trainer, American College of Exercise (ACE)
- Certified Small Group Fitness Trainer, MX4 and Sprint 8
- Georgia Bar
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court
Ms. Jordan is a native of Marietta, Cobb County, Georgia.